Still working on my business start up plans which is taking up a lot of my time. Sorry if there has been any delay getting back to your comments and messages. As well as working on some costume commissions, I am currently working on some new costumes which I'll post more about in a future journal. I will have some cosplay news soon which I'll also post about in an upcoming journal. In the meantime I've been tagged.
Tagged by the lovely
★. You must post these rules.
★. Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
★. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create 10 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
★. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
★. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
★. No nonsense in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this."
★. You have to tag 10 people.
10 random things about me
1. My Dad looks exactly like Sir Ian mcKellen.
2. I am a fully trained stunt person.
3. I am a distant cousin to Helena Bonham Carter.
4. I have one tattoo which is Lord of the Rings themed.
5. I love being outdoors. I enjoy going for walks.
6. I can play several musical instruments including drums and violin.
7. I was a professional actress until I retired due to health five years ago.
8. I adore chocolate. In particular, white chocolate.
9. While I love Gothic/dark films and stories I don't actually like Horror especially gross horror.
10. I love to bake and enjoy making cakes.
1. What's your most ingenious cosplay discovery?
Using baby oil when sewing with leather and pleather. Spray a little where you are going to sew. Smooth it out with a brush so you don't have too much excess. Then run through a sewing machine. Makes it so much easier and keeps the machine nice and oiled.
2. You kicked a puppy: why?
Because you made me
3. What is your favourite material (fabric, glues, etc.)?
I adore velvet and would love to work with it more. I wish I had more costumes that featured it. I love working with Sintra (foamex PVC sheeting). Best prop material I ever discovered. Thank you ~LordMasamune
4. How do you choose materials for a cosplay?
I research the character first. I then look into what materials would be used for the character's setting and time period. I then look at what I could work with in terms of budget.
5. How far in advance do you plan a cosplay?
Depending on the level of details quite far in advance.
6. The character you want to cosplay is never shown from behind so you have no back references: What do you do?
I make it anyway. It gives me a chance to design something and see what would work.
7. Cosplay competitions: Yay or Nay? Why?
Yay! I have seen some amazing costumes come through competitions. It really encourages people to challenge themselves creatively. Nay! As they can bring out some of the nastiness in some people. I do them for the fun and to challenge myself to see what I can create.
8. How did you start cosplaying?
By attending a convention waaaaaaayyyyyyy back in 1990. I saw costumes and really wanted to take part. I had made costumes prior to that for fun.
9. Who are you in the real world?
Self employed seamstress and artist.
10.What does cosplay fame mean?
For some it means a recognition of their work and talents. For others it means a chance at forging a career. For me, its something I find strange as I come from the old world of costuming where cosplay fame was hardly heard of. It would be nice to be known for the work I do.
My questions for you:
1) If you could cosplay from any time period which would it be any why?
2) What is your biggest strength and greatest weakness when it comes to cosplay?
3) Dream group project you would love to do?
4) What or who inspires you to cosplay?
5) If you could pick any overseas convention to visit which one would you pick and why?
6) What is the ultimate cosplay accessory to own?
7) which do you prefer, group or solo cosplaying? Why?
8) Last event you have attended and how was it?
9) Do you think its possible to get a career in cosplay? What are your thoughts on career cosplayers in general?
10) You're best plan for world domination,,, GO!
I'm tagging: (I can't quite remember who minds these tag posts so sorry if I tag you and you don't do them).